Please send us an email (email@example.com) if you're uncertain about the size. Please kindly answer below:
1) How long have you been from your delivery?
2) Your current height, weight, clothing size (shirt)
3) Your pre-pregnancy weight, clothing size (shirt)
You should choose the size of the Konny baby carrier based on your size, not based on baby’s age by months or weight.
- Please check the size chart for shirts prior to placing an order, as people with the same height and weight may have different body shapes.
- If you wonder if it is okay to be a bit tight when you first wear it with your baby in the carrier, you have found the right size for you. A larger size may cause discomfort as the baby would be placed too low on the body.
- Think of it as putting your baby in a tight T-shirt. The fabric gets stretched in accordance with the increase of baby’s age of months. So please be sure to choose the right size from the beginning.
- Normally, mothers gain about 10-20kg during pregnancy and gradually lose weight after delivery. The pace of postpartum weight loss differs for every woman. But generally, it seems to take less than about 100 days for many to recover with only 3-5kg left until getting back to the pre-pregnancy weight. The body size right after giving birth is approximately one size larger than the size of pre-pregnancy, due to the leftover baby weight and swollen breasts.
- So, it would be better to choose the size for current weight if you plan to wear it right after delivery. As we boast a long lifetime of the product, choosing the size for the pre-pregnancy weight would also be a good choice to make. But if the weight difference remains over 10kg even after the puerperium, please choose the larger size.