You should choose the size of the Konny baby carrier based on your size, not based on baby’s age by months or weight.
- Think of it as putting your baby in a tight T-shirt. The fabric gets stretched in accordance with the increase of baby’s age of months. So please be sure to choose the right size from the beginning.
- Normally, mothers gain about 10-20kg during pregnancy and gradually lose weight after delivery. The pace of postpartum weight loss differs for every woman. But generally, it seems to take less than about 100 days for many to recover with only 3-5kg left until getting back to the pre-pregnancy weight. The body size right after giving birth is approximately one size larger than the size of pre-pregnancy, due to the leftover baby weight and swollen breasts.
- So, it would be better to choose the size for current weight if you plan to wear it right after delivery. As we boast a long lifetime of the product, choosing the size for the pre-pregnancy weight would also be a good choice to make. But if the weight difference remains over 10kg even after the puerperium, please choose the larger size.
- Dads should choose the same size of a T-shirt they normally wear.
Q. Do I need to purchase a larger size when the baby grows up?
As the baby’s weight increases, the fabric containing spandex stretches accordingly. Therefore, you should purchase the tight enough size from the beginning to use it in a same fit when the baby grows up.
Q. Can mom and dad share the carrier?
Parents won’t be able to share the carrier, unless their sizes are the same. If you purchase the product in accordance with one parent’s size, the other parent may experience discomfort; if you purchase about the middle size for both parents, both may experience discomfort. Try buying one in accordance with the size of one parent. If the baby enjoys the time in the Konny baby carrier, then consider making an additional purchase.
Please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have more questions regarding the size. Make sure to include answers on your email to the questions below.
1) How long have you been from your delivery?
2) Your current height, weight, clothing size (shirt)
3) Your pre-pregnancy height, weight, clothing size (shirt)